Day camps like Camp Kinetic are becoming more and more popular destinations for parents to send their children in order to experience summer fun. The priceless childhood memories and lifelong friendships that are often formed at day camp make it a quintessential childhood experience. A lots of parents realize how important it is, especially in the rapidly changing 21st century, to give kids their own space to be wild, free, and creative. Although it is hard for kids not to enjoy day camp, Richmond Hill’s Camp Kinetic wants to stress that it can become a bad experience if a camp-goer forgets to bring some essential items and doesn’t come properly prepared for the things that await them.
What to Bring To Day Camp Richmond Hill
A backpack is a no-brainer, but what should you include in that backpack to ensure your child has a great day at Camp Kinetic? Here are five things we find too many campers neglect to bring.
- Sanitary Napkins – Let’s face it: children are not the most sanitary beings. Especially at day camp, where they are spending much of the day outside and where they engage in a lot of physical activity; they are bound to get dirty. Because of that fact, day camp is a common place for kids to get sick if they do not pack some supplies to keep them hygienic. Don’t let your kid become another statistic.
- Extra Shoes/Socks – Unfortunately, getting wet is a very real possibility at day camp. Richmond Hill is certainly no stranger to rain or streams that run along the ground, and they are both things that can get your child’s shoes wet. And believe us, walking around in wet footwear all day is no fun and not a smart idea. Have your child pack an extra pair of shoes and socks so they don’t have to go through this.
- Bathing Suit/Towel – Getting wet when you’re not planning on it is unfortunate, but impromptu swimming sessions can be awesome if you’re prepared! When your child is outside, where some days feel a lot hotter than others, a dip in the lake or even a trip to the local pool could be planned spontaneously at any time! Make sure your child can participate by packing some swimming gear.
- Full Reusable Water Bottle – Dehydration is a serious problem underestimated by most people. Unless a human body is fully hydrated (or somewhere near it) at all times, it is losing valuable nutrients and will not be able to perform at full potential. This is especially true in a highly physical environment like the one at day camp. Richmond Hill can get hot and cause campers to sweat a lot, so it is of the utmost importance that your child be carrying around a water bottle to be refilled every time it is emptied.
- White Cotton T-Shirt – This one serves a dual purpose! First of all, it is almost as much of a bad idea to be walking around in a wet shirt as it is to be walking around in wet footwear. If it rains or your child manages to get their shirt wet some other way, they’ll have a change. Secondly, tie-dye is a common activity at Camp Kinetic. It is a real shame when we start up a tie-dye session and one of the campers cannot join in, so we advise you to always pack a tie-dye ready shirt for your child.
At Camp Kinetic, we understand what kids need to bring with them to have an unforgettable day camp experience. Of course, the tips above are only a small part of what you need to know. Luckily, our highly-trained councillors know it all and are happy to provide parents with additional advice and support if required.